The LTER Network makes data and information derived from publicly funded research available online with as few restrictions as possible. LTER scientists make every effort to release data in a timely fashion and with attention to accurate and complete metadata. All LTER sites contribute with their research data to their local repository and make them available at their website. Information and standards such as the Unit Registry and Data Set Vocabulary from all sites can be accessed at the network level. These are:
NIS Data sites:
- EDI Data Portal - central repository for downloading LTER data from all sites
- All-Sites Bibliography - a list of all LTER pulications form all sites
- Clim/Hydro DB - a list of climate data and streamflow data from sites
- Personnel Directory - a list of all sites personnel including scientists, students and staff
- LTER Controlled Vocabulary - a list of controlled terms relevant to the LTER Network
- LTER network Unit Registry - Units for Network data measurements
- Ecological Metadata Language (EML) - A metadata language used to describe LTER data.
Regional Data sites:
- USGS Water data for Puerto Rico - Stream flow, precipitation, and other data from the USGS for Puerto Rico.
- NASA GLiHT 2017/2018 - NASA collected GLiHT and Aerial Photography before and after Hurricane Maria 2017/2018
IM LTER Activities: