Identifier, project title, project description, LTER Core Areas, LTER 1 Core areas, data files (subsets), Data File Identifier, On-line FileName, data file format, research location, investigators, sponsor, data set abstract, data set methods, data collection time period, references, cross-references, sample location, storage site, investigator-assigned keywords, lef-lter Official Keywords, Main Data Set Category, Missing data codes, publications, dissemination, filing, sites description, GPS, variables, computational methods)
(1) Patterns and control of primary productivity - Primary Productivity.
(2) Dynamics of populations of organisms selected to represent trophic structure - Population Dynamics.
(3) Pattern and control of organic matter accumulation in surface layers and sediments - Organic Matter Accumulation.
(4) Patterns of inorganic inputs and movements of nutrients through soils, groundwater and surface layers - Inorganic Inputs and Nutrient Movement.
(5) Patterns and frequency of disturbances - Disturbance Patterns.
The phrase in bold of the core area under which the project can be classified should be entered in this item.
(1) Disturbance regime. (Disturbance)
(2) Recovery after disturbance. (Recovery)
a. Environmental properties. (Recovery-Env. Props.)
b. Nutrient Storage. (Recovery-Nut. Storage)
c. Soil organic matter formation.(Recovery-SOM Form.)
d. Litter breakdown.(Recovery-Litter Brkdwn.)
e. Gap revegetation.(Recovery-Gap Reveg.)
f. Spatial and temporal distribution of population.(Recovery-Spat. Dist.)
g. System properties.(Recovery-Syst. Props.)
(3) Environmental monitoring.(Recovery-Env. Mon.)
- a. Environmental properties. (Recovery-Env. Props.)
a. Locations of the sites: Identification of the location of the research sites at a level of detail that permits other investigators to identify the location.
b.GEOGRAPHICAL POSITIONAL SYSTEM (GPS) COORDINATES FOR EACH LOCATION:For each location, give the Longitude and Latitude of each research location.
Owner/Creator*: created and/or own the data set
Contact*: person to contact to inquire aout this data set
Metadata provider: person who provided and/or is incharge of the documentation (metadata) of this data set
Associated researcher: person associated in the creation of this data set
11. DATA SET METHODS: Description of the methods used to collect and analyze the data (eg., experimental design, field and laboratory methods) and the type of analysis used. Indicate specialized software used if any.
12. DATA COLLECTION TIME PERIOD : The period and periodicity and major temporal gaps or anomalies in the pattern of data collection. If the periodicity is seasonal (eg., rainy season), please indicate the range of months the data is collected.
16. STORAGE SITE : A complete description of the location where the data set will be filed. This item should be completed by the investigator (giving the location where the original copy of the data set is) and by the Data Manager, indicating the location where the copy of the data set is filed (including cabinet and drawer number). If the data is entered in the computer, the file names and the directories should be specified.
REASONS : a complete statement of why this data set should not follow our Data Management Policy, and its release should be extended.
File" copy only - If DM will only receive, archive, and publish the data on the Web. A copy sent by the investigator to DM will be then filed in the LUQ Intranet ("common management workframe") and in the Internet according to our Data Management Policy.
"Enter data on-line" - check this item if the data is to be entered in the computer in addition to the filing as described above. If this is the case, the investigator in charge should contact the LUQ Information Manager and set an appointment to coordinate this according to the resources available at DM.
File Name (or numbers as in 6 above) - Enter all the file names (or numbers as in 6 above) where this variable appears.
Precision of measurment - Give error bounds and explain what they refer to (e.g. that of determinations by an instrument, among replicate samples at a single location, among locations within a given area, etc.).
a. Alphanumeric - a collection of numbers, letters or special characters that describe the observation done.
b. Numeric|integer - all the fields within this column contain only integers.
c. Numeric|decimal - a number with significant digits to the right of the decimal point
d. Logical- true or false; yes or no; 1 or 2
e. Date - all the fields within this column contain only dates.
d. Other - all other types that are not defined herwith or defined in a computer program procedure. Give more details under "Observatsions".
Choose the type whose definition closely resembles that of your computer program. If the data file was computer generated then the type of datum should be the same as declared or specified in the computer program used, and shorts explanations of the types should be specified under "Observations" of this entry.
- a. Alphanumeric - a collection of numbers, letters or special characters that describe the observation done.
25.Missing data codes - A list of codes that identify how missing data is coded on the data file (e.g. empty space, dashes, zeros) such that a missing data can be differentiated from a measured value of zero (e.g. 0.0).
25.DATA FILE FORMAT (Entities): the computer software or the file type of the data file that will be filed with Data Management at Luquillo. Most common examples are: MS EXCEL 2000, QPRO 2000, ASCII comma delimited, ASCII Tab delimited, PARADOX 2000. If non ASCII, include the version of the computer software .
Nutrient and Carbon Dynamics
Animal Population Dynamics
Maps and Photos
Rev. 26 August 2000, February 2020